What We Do:
The mission of the Berggruen Institute is to ask questions and develop foundational ideas about how to reshape political and social institutions in a transforming society. We work across cultures, disciplines, and political boundaries to engage great thinkers in developing and promoting long-term answers to the biggest challenges of the 21st Century.
Respect the human dignity of all
Cultivate future-oriented solutions
Inquire with an open mind
Build a collaborative environment
Invest in people and relationships
The Berggruen Institute is seeking a highly organized and dynamic individual to join our team as a Digital Community Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing strategies to engage and grow our online and offline communities, with the goal of promoting meaningful dialogue and fostering a sense of community in support of the Institute’s commitment to nurturing and developing, “Ideas for a Changing World.”
As the Digital Community Manager, you will be responsible for managing and growing our online presence, including social media platforms; bolstering engagement with Berggruen Institute our websites; interfacing with online and real-world social events and programs. You will work to produce, create, and curate engaging content that promotes the Institute’s work and mission, and you will facilitate online discussions and debates among our community of followers. You will also be responsible for analyzing and tracking the performance of our online efforts, and for identifying opportunities for improvement and growth.
To be successful in this role, you should have a strong understanding of the principles of online community building and engagement, excellent writing and communication skills, and be adept at creating digestible, smart content, in a fast-paced environment, working in collaboration with your Communications team, Institute colleagues, and partners, you should be able to think creatively and strategically with an interest in communicating the Institute’s work to its various publics and its desire to create a positive impact on the world. This position will work directly with the Associate Director of Digital Strategy to help achieve the Communications department goals and objectives for the Berggruen Institute.
- Reporting to the Associate Director of Digital Strategy, you will manage and grow the Institute’s online presence, specifically its social media platforms to achieve the communications goals of the Berggruen Institute with larger oversight from the Institute’s Senior Director of Communications
- Produce, create, and help to curate and curate engaging content including original short form video that promotes the Institute’s work and mission
- Collaborate with team members, internally and externally on the co-creation and curation of content for our digital platforms
- Facilitate online discussions and debates among our community of followers
- Developing and managing social media campaigns to increase brand awareness and engagement
- Responding to comments and inquiries from community members in a timely and professional manner
- Analyzing community data and metrics to inform strategy and decision-making
- Collaborating with team members to create and curate content for our digital platforms
- Engaging with influencers, creators and other industry and institutional stakeholders to promote the work of the institute
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3+ years of experience in digital community management or a related role
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Toolkit for nimble social media production and agility to learn new applications or tools for creating content.
- Strong understanding of online community building and engagement principles
- Good knowledge of Adobe toolkit including video production and editing tools.
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for the institute’s mission and a desire to make a positive impact on the world
- Hybrid office work model (in office two days per week)
- We offer exceptional 401k plan
- Health, dental, and vision
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Dog friendly workplace
- Snacks and gourmet coffee!
This position offers a salary range of $70,000 – $90,000, depending on skills and experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Berggruen Institute is a proud equal opportunities workplace. We firmly believe employing a diverse workforce is important regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Berggruen Institute is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.