The Berggruen Institute is looking for a smart, engaging Social Media Strategist to ideate, curate and work with the social media manager to maintain all our social media campaigns and increase our digital presence. The Social Media Strategist works directly with the Communications and Creative teams at the Institute to develop social media strategies and execute engaging social campaigns for all BI events, programs and papers. In this role, you will work across all our programs to develop content and track user engagement to ensure consistency to represent our brand message and visual identity. The right person for this job has a sophisticated aesthetic, a passion for politics and new ideas and an understanding of how to grow an audience and drive traffic to our website. This person understands the differentials between social media channels, and has an eye for a great story along with attention to detail and tone of voice.
The Berggruen Institute develops a wide range of ideas through its programs in renewing democracy, rethinking capitalism, and its more experimental work involving future humans and developing new planetary frameworks. To ensure success, you should have a highly cultivated aesthetic and be able to effectively interpret and extrapolate from sophisticated and often academic content to communicate a broader story in digestible social bites. We are looking for someone who not only has experience with a variety of social media networks and strategies but is curious, open-minded, and able to pick up the language of complex ideas.
Cultivate future-oriented solutions
Inquire with an open mind
Build a collaborative environment
Invest in people and relationships
Respect the human dignity of all
Note: Candidates must live in Los Angeles to be considered for this position.
Salary Range: $90-115K
- Promote all BI produced work, news, events, and related articles and research
- Distill complex essays into compelling and clever social strategies
- Develop and maintain a consistent brand tone, image, and style online across social media platforms
- Strong aesthetic sense to provide clear feedback on assets and visual campaigns
- Audit our current social media strategy, identifying strategic weaknesses and making recommendations for improvements
- Utilize research and data to articulate and support strategies and creative ideas
- Communicate proposal and program status to Director, Senior Director and management
- Work closely with teams to develop industry-specific thought leadership reports, content and go-to-market strategies
- Design social media strategies to achieve marketing targets
- Manage and delegate responsibilities and provide directions to other team members
- Create and implement – along with Social Meida Manager – ongoing social media and communication campaigns on all social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Tiktok, YouTube) adapting content to suit different platforms and audiences
- Encourage collaboration across teams on social media strategy
- Setting KPI’s for our strategy and monitor, track, analyze and report on performance on social media platforms
- Propose and manage a budget for social media activities
- Stay up-to-date with new digital technologies and social media best practices and train internal teams to integrate and maintain a cohesive social media strategy
- High school diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, or communications preferred
- Intellectual interest or expertise in in politics, social science, international affairs, art, and/or science
- A minimum of four years of experience as a social media manager or similar role
- Good knowledge of social scheduling, analytics and management tools such as Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Buffer, CrowdTangle, Sprinklr, Adobe Social, Spredfast, etc.
- Experience with all major social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, LinkedIn and YouTube and their capabilities
- Strong design knowledge and proficiency in design tools such as Photoshop and Canva is advantageous
- Exceptional sales and marketing abilities and a fundamental understanding of social media to drive traffic to web pages
- Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Highly engaging, versatile, and adaptable
- The ability to keep up with industry trends and new social networks
- Experience with paid content promotion
- Exceptional understanding of visual language and storytelling
- Proven track record of increasing brand audience and engagement
- Understanding of Facebook’s organic publishing products (Branded Content Tool, Audience Optimization Tool, etc.)
- Hybrid office work model (two days per week)
- We offer exceptional 401k plan
- Health, dental, and vision
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- Phone reimbursement
- Dog friendly workplace
- Hybrid office work model with flexibility
- Snacks and gourmet coffee!
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please..
Berggruen Institute is a proud equal opportunities workplace. We firmly believe employing a diverse workforce is important regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, political preference, age, marital statutes, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.