About the Berggruen Institute
The Berggruen Institute was established in 2010 to develop new ideas about how to reshape political and social institutions in the face of great transformations the world now faces. Our goal is to work across cultures, disciplines and political boundaries and engage great thinkers in developing and promoting long-term answers to the biggest challenges of the 21st Century. No one person can accomplish this goal alone. It takes a team —people with different backgrounds, technical knowledge, and skills sets.
Cultivate future-oriented solutions.
Inquire with an open mind.
Build a collaborative environment.
Invest in people and relationships.
Respect the human dignity of all.
The Berggruen Institute is seeking an entry-level clerical person to assist in the accounting department. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who is just starting out in their career and is eager to learn more about accounting and finance. A Bachelor’s degree is not required. This is a full-time position that will work out of our offices in downtown Los Angeles. Currently we are working remotely but soon will be returning to the office and will be adopting a hybrid work model.
- Data entry
- Credit card reconciliation and coding
- Process employee expense reports
- Invoice processing ensuring all requisite support documentation and approval is obtained prior to payment
- Ensure timely responses to all inquiries and requests
- Assist in projects and other duties as assigned
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Quick learner and able to be trained
- Strong organizational skills, analytical skills, time management, and prioritization abilities.
- Effective interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work productively both independently and within a team
- Detail-oriented and a desire to always keep improving
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including exceptional 401k, paid time off, and more.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Berggruen Institute is a proud equal opportunities workplace. We firmly believe employing a diverse workforce is important regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, political preference, age, marital statutes, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.