What We Do:
The mission of the Berggruen Institute is to ask questions and develop foundational ideas about how to reshape political and social institutions in a transforming society. We work across cultures, disciplines, and political boundaries to engage great thinkers in developing and promoting long-term answers to the biggest challenges of the 21st Century.
Respect the human dignity of all
Cultivate future-oriented solutions
Inquire with an open mind
Build a collaborative environment
Invest in people and relationships
Our Communications Team has an internship opportunity for Summer 2023. This is a paid internship at a range of $18 – $20 per hour and will go for 12 weeks starting in late May 2023. The internship will require some in-office work in our downtown Los Angeles offices. The internship will be between 10 hours and 40 hours per week.
The internship is a wonderful opportunity for anyone wanting to be exposed to innovative ideas, research and is a great internship opportunity for anyone who is interested in gaining more experience in project management tools, research, and working within a team. Our interns will work collaboratively with one another and participate in program-long learnings that will build skills that they can take with them into their education and work experiences going forward.
- Assist in organizing and researching projects
- Initiate and follow through on in-depth media research as well as stock photo research
- Copy editing on certain projects
- Interface with different departments to communicate needs
- Take notes during meeting(s)
- A keen eye for design
- Interest in communications and/or public relations
- A self-starter who can multitask, take initiative and problem solve
- Strong collaboration and organization skills
- Has ability to understand and communicate needs of projects to internal and external parties
- Must be flexible and adept and dealing with changing priorities and deadlines
Salary Range: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour depending on skills and experience.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Berggruen Institute is a proud equal opportunities workplace. We firmly believe employing a diverse workforce is important regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Berggruen Institute is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.