What We Do:
The mission of the Berggruen Institute is to ask questions and develop foundational ideas about how to reshape political and social institutions in a transforming society. We work across cultures, disciplines, and political boundaries to engage great thinkers in developing and promoting long-term answers to the biggest challenges of the 21st Century.
Respect the human dignity of all
Cultivate future-oriented solutions
Inquire with an open mind
Build a collaborative environment
Invest in people and relationships
Our Events Team has an internship opportunity for Summer 2023. This is a paid internship at a range of $18.00 -$20 per hour and will go for 12 weeks starting in late May 2023. The internship will require in-office work in our downtown Los Angeles offices. The internship will be between 10 and 40 hours per week with days and times flexible, and to be determined with the hiring manager.
The internship is a wonderful opportunity for anyone wanting to be exposed to innovative ideas, research and is a great internship opportunity for anyone who is interested in gaining more experience in project management tools and methodologies, research, and working with scholars.
- Assist in organizing projects and events
- Assist in drafting event production plan and agendas/schedules
- Interface with different departments to communicate event needs
- Track and update RSVPs, coordinate travel information, and review and report expenses
- Source and prepare materials for events
- A self-starter who can multitask, takes initiative and is a great problem solver
- Extensive Google Suite experience, impeccable phone etiquette and people skills
- Strong collaboration and organization skills
- Has ability to understand and communicate needs of projects to internal and external stakeholders
- Must be able to work in person in downtown Los Angeles and various locations for events
- Willing and able to carry and/or move items (roughly up to 25 – 35 pounds) during event preparation and event space set up
- Must be able to provide own car for daily transportation
- Must be flexible and adept at dealing with changing priorities and deadlines
- Event and hospitality experience preferred
Salary Range: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour depending on skills and experience.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Berggruen Institute is a proud equal opportunities workplace. We firmly believe employing a diverse workforce is important regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Berggruen Institute is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.