The property manager will oversee the maintenance and management of a house in the Hollywood Hills that is owned by the Berggruen Institute, a non-profit organization based in Los Angeles. The house is currently occupied by two residents – scholars of the Institute participating in a year-long fellowship. The house hosts other guests with moderate frequency. This is a part-time job that requires some flexibility as requests come in and issues come up at unpredictable moments. The typical week is 10-15 hours.
- Manage, coordinate and act as main point of contact for all outside vendors including housekeeping, pool cleaner, gardener, and other contractors.
- Ensure the house is well maintained, clean and organized.
- Arrange to have rooms prepared for overnight guests and cleaned afterward.
- Coordinate arrivals of guests providing keys and information.
- Keep inventory of furniture and equipment in the house.
- Oversee the maintenance and repairs of the property, maintaining a schedule of services such as window cleaning, gutter cleaning, painting inside and out, etc.
- Ensure appropriate insurance is maintained for the property.
- Process invoices.
- Strong customer service skills and experience.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Polite and professional.
- Project management experience.
- Property management experience.
- US work authorization required.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive salary, an exceptional 401k plan, and paid time off for all part-time employees.
Berggruen Institute is a proud equal opportunities workplace. We firmly believe employing a diverse workforce is important regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Berggruen Institute is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.