What We Do: We live in a time of great transformations. Our institutions are faltering, from capitalism, to democracy, to the global order. The very meaning of what it is to be human is becoming fragmented. The mission of the Berggruen Institute is to ask questions and develop foundational ideas about how to reshape the political and social institutions in the face of these great transformations. We work across cultures, disciplines, and political boundaries to engage great thinkers in developing and promoting long-term answers to the biggest challenges of the 21st Century.
Reporting directly to the Director of Public Relations, the Public Relations Manager will be responsible for the delivery, management, and execution of high-impact public relations activities that allow people to experience Berggruen Institute’s purposeful work.
Public Relations Manager
- Support the Public Relations Director in the tactical execution of public relations plans
- Pitch for articles, blogs, podcasts, and other non-traditional media in the areas of technology, innovation, science, politics, and economics
- Secure consistent press coverage to increase the Institute’s visibility
- Collaborate with both internal and external teams on key initiatives, projects, insights / data and goals
- Conduct media relations research (e.g. Cision) and outreach; including media monitoring (press clips and media impressions), and briefing books
- Assist Director of Public Relations with writing communication documents, including press releases, media kits, talking points, and PowerPoint / Keynote presentations
- Work with the internal social media team to ensure maximum press exposure is achieved
- Prepare leaders, fellows, partners and subject matter experts for interviews and speaking engagements for maximum results including media training as needed
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field with proven project management skills
- High-level media relations strategy and execution experience
- Experience in public relations within technology, politics, and economics
- Strong relationships and contacts with media outlets
- Experience working in a high profile and academic environments
- Knowledgeable in the areas of science, innovation, technology, politics, and economics
- Excellent verbal, written and editorial communications skills
- Collaborative team player that is willing to pitch in and roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects in varying stages of development simultaneously
- Knowledge of creating media lists in Cision or other public relations database
- Experience creating high-level PowerPoint / Keynote presentations
- Attractive benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, and 401k
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- Commuter benefits
- Phone reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Berggruen Institute is a proud equal opportunities workplace. We firmly believe employing a diverse workforce is important regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, political preference, age, marital statutes, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.