What We Do: We live in a time of great transformations. Our institutions are faltering, from capitalism, to democracy, to the global order. The very meaning of what it is to be human is becoming fragmented. The mission of the Berggruen Institute is to ask questions and develop foundational ideas about how to reshape the political and social institutions in the face of these great transformations. We work across cultures, disciplines, and political boundaries to engage great thinkers in developing and promoting long-term answers to the biggest challenges of the 21st Century.
Respect the human dignity of all
Inquire with an open mind
Build a collaborative environment
Invest in people and relationships
Cultivate future-oriented solutions
The Senior Graphic Designer will work under the guidance of the Creative Director to ideate on and execute graphics for the Berggruen Institute website, social and events. This person will work on projects across all of our thematic projects and strategic partnerships and should be able to share great ideas in the moment, follow a creative brief and style guide, and develop multiple concepts from a single idea. This person is comfortable with multiple deadlines, is highly organized, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We currently have a hybrid work schedule, with two days in the office and three days WFH, therefore the right candidate needs to be able to work autonomously and collaboratively.
- Develop identities (visual aesthetic, imagery, iconography, typography, layouts) for evergreen campaigns, new projects, partnerships, and events—including assets for social, digital, email, blog, and print.
- Help translate communications objectives into clear creative strategies.
- Maintain brand style guide and ensure all marketing materials adhere to brand standards
- Create creative decks and keynote presentations as needed.
- Develop new ideas and inventive ways to drive our design narrative.
- Create cross-platform content including Digital, Social, Website and Print formats.
- Sourcing and creating images and developing layouts for immersive stories.
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 6+ years of professional experience in graphic design & some exposure to art direction
- An exceptional portfolio of distinctive work
- Agency experience
- Experience with managing multiple work streams and/or multiple clients
- A passion for story telling
- Ability to understand complex and challenging information and distill it into digestible stories and visuals
- Strong typography, layout, iconography—both for digital and print applications
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Google Slides, Keynote)
- Data visualization a plus
- Illustration skills a plus
- Knowledge of design trends, best practices and tapped into both popular and high culture
- Sophisticated taste and sensibility
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks across multiple teams and work quickly with fast turnaround times
- Self-driven problem-solver and question-asker with a positive attitude
- Excellent project management, organization, and communication skills
- Not afraid to have an opinion while at the same time listening and considering the opinions of others
- Understands data and design can leverage each other to create compelling and strong work
- Is a team player and are willing to find answers to questions that maybe no one has even asked yet
- Is highly strategic and critical in how you approach design
- Embrace diversity, equity and belonging principals to ensure everyone feels respected and valued.
- We offer exceptional 401k plan
- Health, dental, and vision
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- Phone reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace!
- Hybrid office work model with flexibility
- Snacks and gourmet coffee!
All employees must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as a condition of employment. Exemptions from this requirement as a reasonable accommodation due to medical contraindication, disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice will be considered.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Berggruen Institute is a proud equal opportunities workplace. We firmly believe employing a diverse workforce is important regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Berggruen Institute is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.