The Berggruen Institute is looking for a smart, engaging Social Media Manager to ideate, curate and maintain all our social media campaigns and increase our digital presence. The Social Media Manager works directly with the Communications and Creative teams at the Institute to develop social media strategies and execute engaging social campaigns for all BI events, programs and papers. In this role, you will work across all our programs to develop content and track user engagement to ensure consistency to represent our brand message and visual identity. The right person for this job has a sophisticated aesthetic, a passion for politics and new ideas and an understanding of how to grow an audience and drive traffic to our website. This person understands the differentials between social media channels, has an eye for a great story along with attention to detail and tone of voice.
The Berggruen Institute develops a wide range of ideas through its programs in renewing democracy, rethinking capitalism, and its more experimental work involving future humans and by developing new planetary frameworks. To ensure success as our social media manager, you should have a highly cultivated aesthetic and be able to effectively interpret and extrapolate from sophisticated and often academic content to communicate a broader story in digestible social bites. We are looking for someone who not only has experience with a variety of social media networks, but is curious, open minded and able to pick up the language of complex ideas.
Cultivate future-oriented solutions.
Inquire with an open mind.
Build a collaborative environment.
Invest in people and relationships.
Respect the human dignity of all.
- Ideate, execute, manage, and assess social campaigns across all Berggruen Institute Programs
- Promote all BI produced work, news, events, and related articles and research
- Stay abreast of BI and member related news through Google alerts & social media listening and seek like-minded individuals, organizations, publications, etc.
- Live tweet at events
- Run our large Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube utilizing a substantial budget
- Consistently deliver engaging and shareable posts that gain followers
- Distill complex essays into compelling and clever social strategies
- Graphics + video content creation as pertains to social media
- Develop and maintain a consistent brand tone, image, and style online
- Devise series, hash tags and other ways to make our content vital to better reach new audiences and drive traffic to our website
- Audit our current social media strategy, identifying strategic weaknesses and making recommendations for improvements
- Implement a monthly social media audit and report analytics to the team
- Use data to plan and maintain a content calendar and post schedule
- Collaborate with the creative director and senior media director to optimize content for social media, monitor social trends, and make data driven recommendations to grow and engage users and drive traffic
- Review, proofread, and edit completed work before posting
- Keep abreast of industry and consumer trends, advancements in technology, and new social media platforms and tools so the Berggruen Institute programs are always on the most appropriate channels
- High school diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, or communications preferred
- Background in politics preferred. Expertise or interest in art, politics, and the economy
- A minimum of four years of experience as a social media manager or similar role
- Good knowledge of social scheduling, analytics and management tools such as Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Buffer, CrowdTangle, Sprinklr, Adobe Social, Spredfast, etc.
- Familiarity with all major social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Strong design knowledge and proficiency in design tools such as Photoshop and Canva is advantageous.
- Exceptional sales and marketing abilities and a fundamental understanding of social media to drive traffic to web pages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Highly engaging, versatile, and adaptable.
- The ability to keep up with industry trends and new social networks.
- Experience with paid content promotion
- Exceptional understanding of visual language and storytelling
- Proven track record of increasing brand audience and engagement
- Understanding of Facebook’s organic publishing products (Branded Content Tool, Audience Optimization Tool, etc.)
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits, and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, 3 Optional Holidays, and sick leave.
- Employee Developmental Support
- Opportunities to volunteer and serve under-resourced communities and get involved in environmental causes.
- Free snacks, gourmet coffee, and free lunches at team meetings.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including exceptional 401k, paid time off, and more.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Berggruen Institute is a proud equal opportunities workplace. We firmly believe employing a diverse workforce is important regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, political preference, age, marital statutes, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.