VP of Operations Berggruen Institute
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President, the VP of Operations is a mission-driven and strategic individual who is responsible for overseeing and managing all operations of the organization including Accounting, Risk Management, IT, HR, Facilities, General Administration and Office Management. The VP of Operations will also work with leadership on long term growth, planning, and strategies to support all areas of the organization.
- Strategy & Workflow: Work closely with Leadership and project/program leads to develop strategies and plans to optimize internal operations and efficient workflow between projects, programs, and departments. Help set agendas for regular team meetings and provide leadership throughout organization.
- Budgeting and Accounting: In coordination with the Executive Vice President, ensure the Institute’s financial operating efficiency and long-term fiscal sustainability. Prepare annual budget for presentation to the senior leadership and the board of directors, working with each department to determine budget plans and needs. Oversee annual audit process and ensure compliance. Work with Controller to develop financial reporting systems and schedule. Manage accounts payables and ensure efficient process of invoices. Develop and implement systems, policies, and procedures to ensure non-profit compliance. Monitor and manage cash flow.
- HR: Work with staff at all levels to create and maintain a positive work environment and culture which encourages diversity, inclusion, and belonging and a work environment where all employees can thrive and grow. Ensure all HR functions align with the strategy and mission of the Institute, including compliance, organizational design, talent management and hiring forecasts, employee relations, compensation, employee engagement, learning, and performance management.
- IT: Oversee direction, policies, and procedures all areas of IT including budgets, collaborative workflow technologies, archival database project, financial network management, security risks, equipment purchases, and creating and implementing best practices as technology changes.
- Office and Facilities Management: Oversee Bradbury office operations including workplace safety programs, facilities (HVAC, mail, security), building contracts and lease and insurance renewals. Supervise property manager in managing additional properties owned by the Institute including constructions projects, appraisals, and contract negotiations with vendors.
- 15 years or more combined experience in related roles showing clear pattern of leadership and promotions.
- Prior experience working in a similar role with strategic organizational leadership including organizational design, workforce planning, and change management.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and project management skills: a decisive, hands-on, results-oriented person who can keep projects moving forward within a consistent strategic framework.
- The ability to galvanize trust, communicate effectively, and build relationships across all departments and programs at the Institute.
- Competent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business acumen: knowledge about how non-profit organizations work and understanding of how strategies and tactics work within an organization.
- Discretion and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters appropriately.
- A commitment to and appreciation for the importance of diversity and inclusion.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.