Please note that if your question is chosen for the program, your given name will be read out during the recording. Your question will be seen by a BBC producer. We will securely store the data you give us in your initial application for one month after the program is first broadcast.
The program is a co-production between the BBC World Service and the Berggruen Institute
This program will be broadcast on the BBC World Service and remain on the BBC website. Both the BBC and the Berggruen Institute are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your relationship with us, in accordance with data protection law.
What we will collect
We will only collect data from you that is necessary for you to participate in the event. the Berggruen Institute will collect the following – which will be shared with the BBC:
- Your Email address
- Your first and second names
- Your country of residence – Information regarding your work
- Your phone number
- Your suggested question and/or comment
If chosen for the program, the BBC will collect the following during the recording:
- Your country of residence
- A recording of your voice (in cases where you are an audience member and ask questions of the panel or make your comment)